FETA joins new engineering services alliance
The Federation of Environmental Trade Associations (FETA) is now part of a newly formed industry alliance made up of eight leading professional bodies from the engineering services sector.
Created as a vehicle for positive, meaningful change within the sector, Actuate UK will support the delivery of a safer, more productive and sustainable UK built environment.
By working together, alongside the UK Government and the Devolved Nations, this alliance of professional bodies will pool supreme levels of experience and expertise in order to tackle the economic, social and environmental factors that will be so crucial in ensuring the industry builds back better and greener in the months and years ahead. This will include taking a lead on building safety and the drive towards UK net-zero carbon as well as championing cultural changes and promoting the skills needed for tomorrow’s built environment.
Russell Beattie, CEO of FETA, commented, “I am extremely pleased to see this longstanding aspiration come to fruition. There are numerous challenges to be faced and closer collaboration can only be a positive step as we drive forward together to achieve meaningful change.”
The Actuate UK alliance is made up of the following bodies:
- The Federation of Environmental Trade Associations (FETA)
- The Building Engineering and Services Association (BESA)
- The Building Services Research and Information Association (BSRIA)
- The Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE)
- ECA – Electrical and Engineering Services
- The Lift and Escalator Industry Association (LEIA)
- SELECT – the Electrical Contractors’ Association of Scotland
- SNIPEF – The Scottish and Northern Ireland Plumbing Employers’ Federation
Actuate UK will bring together technical, practical and commercial knowhow from all eight trade bodies and communicate it to the industry as one single, consolidated voice.
The Actuate UK launch webinar can be viewed here
Back to Latest News