IOR promotes Cool Careers during World Refrigeration Week
The Institute of Refrigeration (IOR)’s Cool Careers Event will take place on 24 June to mark World Refrigeration Day with a celebration of careers, skills and education initiatives in the refrigeration, air-conditioning and heat pumps (RACHP). The zoom event is open to anyone working in RACHP, students and the wider public. It will showcase what the industry is doing to raise awareness of career opportunities, improve recruitment and training and celebrate success. It will also be a chance to look to the future with IOR President Mike Creamer sharing the IOR’s plans and practical resources for those who want to get involved with promoting the sector.
The programme for the event starting at 3pm will include:
- Welcome from the IOR President – IOR educational initiatives and the importance of addressing skills shortages for the future of our sector. Mike Creamer FInstR
- What can we do to recruit the next generation of engineers? Promoting our career to schools and encouraging diversity. John Skelton FInstR, Chairman of the IOR Education Committee
- Supporting the delivery of STEM (science technology engineering maths) in the classroom and how you can become a STEM Ambassador - Jacinta Caden MInstR, STEM Ambassador and member of the IOR Education Committee
- Three Minute Thesis competition - Research students from UK Universities present short summaries of their research in a bid to win the IOR’s Ted Perry Award
- Why become a RACHP Technician? The UK's best Apprentices and Trainees in conversation
- Worldskills UK - a showcase for UK engineering. Mark Forsyth Worldskills and Chris Baillie former medal winner in the Worldskills Refrigeration Competition
- Presentation of the award for Lifetime Achievement by a Service Engineer - and a few words about a life spent in the RACHP industry from the winner
- Presentation of the Ted Perry Student Research Prize - and a message for the industry from the winner.
- Closing remarks from the President
Register at https://ior.org.uk/events/coolcareers2021 to book your free place – and please pass details on to colleagues to encourage them to take part. Follow the event using hashtag #CoolCareers and #WREFD21.
Back to Latest News