The Federation of Environmental Trade Associations
What is FETA?
The Federation of Environmental Trade Associations (FETA) is the low cost but high profile UK trade body which represents the diverse interests of manufacturers, suppliers, installers and contractors within the building services sector. It is split into six principle Associations ADCAS, BCIA, BFCMA, BRA, HEVAC and HPA. More about them below.
For an overview of what we represent, click here
The FETA Network
FETA works closely with Government bodies, other Associations and organisations nationally, in Europe and in the US. For the full Network click here.
- Focal point for sector issues, concerns or initiatives.
- Protect, promote or represent members’ interests to the European Commission, UK government, devolved authorities, national agencies and other trade bodies.
- Conduit to the trade press on sector topics.
- International hub, particularly on regulatory and technical matters.
- Publication of guides and codes of practice, often on a joint basis with recognised authorities.
- Coordination of statistics surveys for specialist groups.
- Forum for regular section meetings and subject-specific working groups.
- Liaison with professional institutes and institutions.
- Access to training, seminars and workshops on a range of technical or commercial topics.
- Route to advice on legislation, regulations, standards, exports, technical and business queries.
- Affinity schemes to reduce company expenditure in areas such as insurance and legal advice.
- Large website with dedicated association sections and a restricted access members’ area.
- Monthly bulletins, quarterly technical reports and an annual magazine.
- High profile, formal, annual lunch for members and guests. Annual membership certificate. Association logos for promotional use.
- Association of Ductwork Contractors and Allied Services (ADCAS) Representing ductwork contractors and the allied services which form an integral part of the ventilation and air-conditioning industry.
- Building Controls Industry Association (BCIA) Representing the UK building management systems and controls industry.
- British Flue & Chimney Manufacturers Association (BFCMA) Representing factory-made chimney products.
- British Refrigeration Association (BRA) Representing manufacturers, wholesalers, distributors, contractors and end-users of refrigeration plant, and associated training providers.
- Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning Manufacturers Association (HEVAC) Representing manufacturers and distributors in most sections of the Ventilating and Air Conditioning Industry
- Heat Pump Association (HPA) Representing leading companies in the field of heat pump technology, using freely available heat (from the ground or water) and turning it into heating and cooling.